Plex 0.9.5.3 - Complete media playback solution.. (Free): "
Plex bridges the gap between your Mac and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media. Plex can play a wide range of video, audio and photo formats as well as online streaming audio and video. The real power of Plex is found in its library features: Organize your media into versatile libraries, automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet, and display your libraries using one of the visually stunning skins.
Organize all of your media, from local drives, network shares, optical media and the Internet, in one easy to use application. Plex supports a wide range of video, audio and image formats without having to install any additional third party plug-ins or programs. Plex will make the days of trying to find the right plug-in to work with the right application a thing of the past.
- NEW: Add a universal font for rendering subtitles with on Windows and Linux. This fixes streaming from Linux not working when subtitles were enabled.
- NEW: Enhanced selection of audio tracks: if streams are all in the same language (or are all missing a language), apply selection logic for DTS/AC3.
- FIX: Some media (e.g. MPEG1/2/TS) was not properly generating a thumbnail.
- FIX: We check to see if public address changes, and if so, notify myPlex.
- FIX: If the port is manually mapped, the media server never updates myPlex.
- FIX: Computing "streamability" for MP4 files was totally broken, leading to iOS not Direct Playing them. (You’ll need to rescan the library section or else kick off media analysis via the command line to fix existing files.)
- FIX: In some cases, the wrong subtitle (internal) was rendered, even when an external subtitle was selected.
- FIX: On Deck wasn’t correct for shows with multiple episodes on a single day (e.g. two-part finales like that awesome Lost finale that Anna and I are still arguing about).
- FIX: Filenames are now stored as UTF-8 on the Mac.
- FIX: A hang on OS X/Linux when spawning a section refresh
- FIX: Unmatched media wasn’t getting subtitles and cover art files.
- FIX: Stop ignoring USB drives on Linux; it seemed like a good idea at the time, but it just makes neckbeards angry.
- FIX: A bug where site config "pause" commands would never continue if a frame load came in during the pause (thanks, Ian!)
- FIX: A crash when there is no computer name set on OS X.
- FIX: Various WebKit crashes on Windows.
- FIX: Increase the iTunes ‘path’ column in the database, required for better I18N support (it was super short).
- FIX: Tweak to HTTP Live Streaming to make it adhere closer to the spec (and work on a TouchPad).
- FIX: Better (and much simpler) check for private network connections (details here).
- FIX: When episodes don’t have indexes (episode numbers), watched/unwatched settings applied to the entire season.
- FIX: When splitting media, you could end up with a "warning" flag that wouldn’t go away.
- FIX: Improved WebKit audio sync.
- FIX: A crash while updating the library.
Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)