aTV Flash (black) supercharges your 2nd generation Apple TV, empowering it to do things you never thought possible! All new features are installed alongside the normal Apple TV features, so things like movie rentals, Netflix, and AirPlay will remain unchanged.
Installing aTV Flash (black) requires that you first jailbreak your 2nd Gen. Apple TV which can be done easily, and for free with Seas0nPass. Learn more about jailbreaking your Apple TV and installing aTV Flash (black) here.
Featured in aTV Flash (black) are tons of exciting new features, including an all-new Media Player, WebKit based browser, Last.fm radio, Weather, RSS feeds and more!
Expanded media support with all the extras
The new Media Player included in aTV Flash (black) empowers you to go beyond iTunes and play most popular media formats. This includes formats such as: AVI, FLAC, ISO, M2TS, MKV, MP3, MP4, MPEG, MPG, VOB, WMV and many others.
Form and function remain in perfect balance, and you can enjoy all your media through natively styled menus that include simple access to extras such as AC3/DTS sound, subtitles, DVD menus, playlists, and many others.
Automatic metadata and cover art
Cover art and metadata are downloaded automatically and added to your files with an end result of amazing! If you've already taken the time to add your own metadata you can you can use that too.
Native web browser
Surf the web with a native web browser that provides a rich web experience on the Apple TV. Included is support for things like HTML5 music and video streaming as well as easy to use bookmarks and history. Navigating the web is easily done with the included Apple TV remote or the free Remote app for the iPhone and iPad.
More than just music
Go beyond just listening to music and start truly experiencing it by utilizing the full power of Last.fm. While streaming Last.fm radio (or playing your own music) you'll have access to artist bios, and a seemingly endless amount of artist photos.
Weather and RSS feeds
Get quick access to weather and RSS news feeds. Your current weather location will be detected automatically, and other locations can be easily added as well.
- Added video zoom options (available through Playback Menu)
- Added watched indicators to grid view
- Added 'Recently Visited' section to Browser top shelf
- Added support for MicroDVD .SUB files
- Added screensaver during pause
- Added file delete option
- Added activity indicator for metadata clearing
- Added 'tune' icon placeholder for audio files without metadata
- Added episode number to the fetched name the list view
- Added Reload Metadata' option in contextual menu for folders
- Added 'no items' message to the 'Unwatched' filter of the list view
- Added gray ticket image caching
- Added loading screen when opening Manage Extras menu
- Improved scrubber bar logic
- Improved audio feedback for watched and pre-playback screens
- Improved poster loading for large folders
- Improved support for DVDs without menus
- Improved subtitle support for right-to-left languages (e.g. Hebrew)
- Improved installer device detection
- Resolved minor memory management issues
- Resolved issues with subtitles settings while playing a playlist
- Resolved issues with yellow subtitles displayed for movies converted with Handbrake
- Resolved conflicts with default audio player
- Resolved issues with passwords that contain @ symbols
- Resolved issues with metadata loading for files that contain '/' in folder or file name
- Resolved buffer overflow in libafpclient observed when navigating folders with long names
- Resolved issues with installer Bonjour detection
- Resolved rare crashes during web browsing
- Changed metadata format to S.# / Ep.# for TV Shows
- Disabled metadata processing during movie playback
- Corrected audio feedback when pressing Menu while in grid view
- Minor UI improvements
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes
- OS X 10.6
- Jailbroken 2nd Gen. Apple TV
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)