Get Backup 2.5 - Create encrypted bootable backups, syncs files/folders, clone drives.. (Free): "
Get Backup is a freeware backup and disk cloning utility with file/folder synchronization capability.
Quick video tour of Get Backup available.
Get Backup Pro ($39.95) is available for those who need of more tools.
Encrypted backups available in Pro version allows to prevent unauthorized restore of your financial, personal or other data. Most common encryption standards are supported, AES-128, 256, Blowfish or Triple DES).
Compressed backups reduce the backup archive size using compression tools, restore it on any computer without Get Backup using only system utilities, and much more.
Bootable backups can be created using disk cloning.
Synchronization tool lets you to coincide files and folders from one disk location to another. Two-way synchronization available in Pro version helps keep files up-to-date in two locations, for example your desktop and laptop computers.
Integration with Apple iPhoto, Mail, iTunes and Address Book makes it very easy to access and backup your music, photos, e-mail and address archives.
Scheduling helps to fully automate the backup and synchronization processes, so that backups are built and sync takes place on a regular basis (daily, weekly or monthly). Create different schedules for each backup or sync project.Diverse Backup Methods:
- Full - all selected files are saved, and the resulting archive replaces the previously created one.
- Versioned - all selected files are saved in a new backup archive, and the previous archives remain intact.
- Incremental Pro version - each time a backup is built, only the files that were changed are saved in the new backup archive.
- Added the ability to exclude files and folders from a synchronization project list (Pro only);
- The program can now automatically check for and download available updates using the Sparkle auto-updater technology. See the auto-update settings in the Preferences dialog;
- Introduced a “Show hidden files” option in the File dialog when adding files to a project, improving compatibility with Lion;
- The program now takes into consideration which library is active when adding iTunes or iPhoto libraries to a backup project;
- Fixed the problem with burning a split archive to CD/DVD;
- Solved the issue with Roxio Toast not being able to find files when changing the path of “Custom folder for temporaries” in the Preferences dialog;
- Resolved the problem with activating the schedule agent;
- Added “Reset to default” option when setting a path to log-files in the Preferences dialog;
- Added Cmd+W shortcut to close Preferences or the Log window;
- Various minor bugs fixed.
Mac OS X 10.4 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)