Plex 0.9.5.2 - Complete media playback solution.. (Free): "
Plex bridges the gap between your Mac and your home theater, doing so with a visually appealing user interface that provides instant access to your media. Plex can play a wide range of video, audio and photo formats as well as online streaming audio and video. The real power of Plex is found in its library features: Organize your media into versatile libraries, automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet, and display your libraries using one of the visually stunning skins.
Organize all of your media, from local drives, network shares, optical media and the Internet, in one easy to use application. Plex supports a wide range of video, audio and image formats without having to install any additional third party plug-ins or programs. Plex will make the days of trying to find the right plug-in to work with the right application a thing of the past.
- NEW: [Mac] Support for automatic refresh rate switching. And there was much rejoicing.
- NEW: Add a way to specify a manual address for a media server, useful for working around network issues.
- NEW: When running without a server, search now returns cloud results.
- NEW: Add a global audio delay setting.
- FIX: CPU usage for software decoding greatly reduced for all codecs, fixing VC-1 “stutter” issue and playback on older machines.
- FIX: Allow selecting interface language in preferences.
- FIX: Enable down-mix volume boost preference.
- FIX: Enable speaker configuration preference.
- FIX: A hang in the home screen.
- FIX: Losing a server even though it was running on the same machine.
- FIX: Not enough buffering (and therefore playback issues) with remote transcoded media.
- FIX: Toggling full screen works on multi-display setups.
- FIX: Allow ESC to get out of a playlist.
- FIX: Add missing strings for shutdown timer.
- FIX: Change the audio settings dialog to show delay in milliseconds, it seemed more human-friendly.
- FIX: Crash clicking the “save as default” button in video settings.
- FIX: Make sure we stop remote transcodes when stopping playback.
- FIX: Update ffmpeg, fixes some artifacts with VC-1 and several other issues.
- FIX: Stop printing myPlex tokens to the logs.
- FIX: “Old-school” sources were disappearing after a restart.
- FIX: Posters/art weren’t changing when changed on the media server.
- FIX: Don’t play theme music if music is already playing or if video is playing in small window.
- FIX: Background music volume is always VERY LOUD (preference works now).
- FIX: [Mac] A crash when playing Flash/Silverlight videos followed by non-WebKit video.
- FIX: [Mac] Flash/Silverlight video occasionally displayed black & white garbage on the screen.
- FIX: Info button on iOS toggles OSD, and back button works as well.
- FIX: Multiple crashes when skipping around in videos.
- FIX: [Win] Crash on startup.
- FIX: [Win] A randomly occurring hang.
Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)