MKVtools 3.2 - Manipulate .ogm and .mkv video files.. (Shareware): "
MKVtools is a collection of tools used to manipulate video files. It's primary purpose is to convert mkv files into more user friendly formats for playback on a variety of hardware. MKVtools is trialware - only $4.99 for full functionality, though it will function unregistered, with some minor limitations.
Key features include:
- Convert videos to either .avi files or .mp4 files.
- Extract the selected .mkv tracks as individual video, audio and/or subtitle files.
- Intuitively select desired video, audio and/or subtitle tracks to procces, with the ability to verify the selections using video preview.
- Use presets for one step encoding or passthru copying for playback on a variety of hardware.
- Embed selected subtitle track (i.e., hard subtitles) into the video.
- Control the font, size and positioning of the embeded subtitles.
- Split .mkv videos into sections of a specified file size or by start/end time.
- Extract or delete tracks from .mkv files.
- Join, mux and change the pixel aspect ratio of .mp4 videos.
- Add jobs to a queue either individually or in batches via drag and drop so you can process multiple files overnight (registered copies only).
- Code has been completely rewritten from AppleScript to Obj-C so the chance of lingering bugs is high :-).
- Improved general responsiveness of application
- Fixed bug causing the app to crash when multiple files were queued.
- Numerous fixes and improvements to joining.
- Joining (2 files max) can now be tested in the non-registered version. Open a file and then use the Add File button to add a file to join.
- Added checks for volume permissions and disk space
- Resolved registration issue with systems where macports had overwritten 'user 501'
- Windows can be re-sized.
OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)