nessMediaCenter 1.3.2 - Make your Mac an optimal media center.. (Demo): "
nessMediaCenter enables you to use your Mac as optimal media center!
Internet movies, Aperture and iPhoto albums, iTunes media, Miro video podcasts, local media at picture/movie folder and volumes can be selected easily & comfortably.
For this plenty of different media is supported: DVDs, EyeTV movies, PDF documents, pictures and videos in all common formats.
MediaCenter and media presentations can be controlled by Apple remote control, 'NV Remote' app for iPhone and iPod touch or keyboard.
Home entertainment as its purest - comfortable and relaxing, from the couch, armchair, bed or directly at the Apple computer!
- Internet gives access to plenty of internet offers: e.g. cinema movies, entertainment, music videos, news, television channels.
- Aperture or iPhoto gives access to the albums with continuous presentations of pictures and videos.
- iTunes allows it to (remote) control your music (choice of the albums and tracks, adjustment of the sound volume) and to access movies, TV shows and podcasts.
- Miro shows the video podcasts (RSS feeds) added to the Miro database and allows it to play the videos independent of the download state.
- Picture / movie folder and volumes give access to DVDs, (EyeTV) movies, pictures and PDF documents.
- GUI improvements (minimal)
- Improved starting of iTunes DRM media (media from Apple store)
- Provider adaptions
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 or later
- Recommended QuickTime extensions: FlipForMac (WMV), Perian (AVI, DivX, MKV)
- VLC to start EyeTV movies without EyeTV
- Miro to add video podcasts (RSS feeds)
- Apple Remote Control or NV Remote app for iPhone / iPod touch to use the media center optimally
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)