xACT 2.21 - Audio compression toolkit.. (Free): "
xACT stands for X Audio Compression Toolkit. It is a GUI based front end for the unix applications Shorten (3.6.1), shntool (3.0.10), monkey's audio compressor (3.99), FLAC (1.2.1), wavpack (4.60.1), TTA (3.4.1), Opus 0.1.6, cdda2wav 3.0 (with paranoia support) and dvda-author (v09.05). It also uses sox (14.3.1), LAME 3.98.4, AtomicParsley 0.9.0, TagLib and mp4v2. It executes the basic commands of these applications and adds other features to speed up productivity in creation/use of etree.org standard filesets.
- Added option to auto-create ffp file when fixing sector boundary errors and outputting to FLAC format
- Fixed bug when fixing sector boundary errors and outputting to SHN format with md5.
- xACT now reads album art from AIFF files.
- Fixing AIFF or FLAC files now retains all of the metadata tags.
- Custom tags now saved on each keystroke
- Very primitive support for encoding to Opus format (lossy tab)
- xACT will prevent the computer from going to sleep while there are tasks running
Mac OS X 10.6 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)