Plex Media Server 0.9.7.7 - Seamlessly connect your Plex clients with your local media.. (Free): "
Plex Media Server seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and powerful transcoding functionality provides an unrivaled level of flexibility and ease of use.
Plex Media Server runs on your Mac, PC, or compatible NAS device and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including Plex-enabled mobile devices and 2011 LG Smart TVs.
- Effortlessly organize your media into a versatile library
- Native Cocoa and web-based versions provide local and network access to management features
- Automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet
- Complete customization of your library with a few clicks
- Automatic updates when new local content is added
- Fix a crash if there are any unexpected files in the transcode directory.
- Fix a crash when scanning photos with certain EXIF data.
- (OS X) Fixed an evil crash which occurred roughly once every day.
- Don’t allow clients to cache segments, fixes IE10 video playback issue.
- A few crashes that could be caused by proxies getting in the middle between server and myPlex.
- (PlexSync) Added iPad 4 profile, fixed iPad 3 profile.
- (PlexSync) Sync transcoder now works on 32-bit CPUs on Snow Leopard.
- (PlexSync) Allow DirectPlay sync with subtitles (e.g. MP4/TTXT).
- (PlexSync) Scrobble and library media addition/deletion kicks off sync worker. Fixes sync of recently added items.
- (PlexSync) We skip over any invalid sync items instead of completely failing.
- (PlexSync) Fix failed downloads of art/posters in some cases.
- (PlexSync) Synced media subsections weren’t always in the right order.
- (PlexSync) Video bitrate limit on ‘highest’ quality was removed.
- (PlexSync) Fixed broken XML in some sync profiles
- (PlexSync) Fixed an issue where the sync profile name was not constructed correctly.
- (PlexSync) Work-around that the client sent the wrong model name
- (PlexSync) Some sync profiles contained invalid transcoder options
- (API) Fixes to /firstCharacter filters
- (API) Allow filtering filters by resolution/unwatched, fixes filter issue.
- (API) Don’t limit tag queries by metadata type if we have condition passed in.
- (API) Fix when filtering on unwatched in /firstCharacter endpoint.
- (API) Allow filter endpoints to use type in queries (e.g. album genres).
Mac OS X 10.6.3 or later
(Via MacUpdate - Mac OS X.)